209forums.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oh god. wat has the world come to

+13
MthaFuknGreen
Lucky@vexmotorsports
L Rock
panda
hiko01
D-D-J
uokysao
ZaibachX
Jon&ster
DaBlkSupaMn
ED7_hatch
bloodie
JOZyS13
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god. wat has the world come to

Post by L Rock Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:49 pm

panda wrote:nahh i dont have anything agasint swaps. he took a h22 bolted it to a f tranny in a 240.. i have nothing wrong with the bolting of honda motors in anything.. mini coopers with a k20 = sex but the abomination part is the motor with the tranny.. why didnt he just use the s2k motor with the tranny and wouldnt have to worrie about anything going wrong. personally i doubt it can drive..

maybe he did not want to use the F series engine? Maybe he had an extra H22 laying around and put it to good use? Maybe he did not want to take the easy way out and just bolt the F engine to F trannY? Maybe he likes a challenge? Maybe he wanted to do something so outrageous that it gets people talking? Maybe he wanted milk that day instead of orange juice? Maybe the weather was sunny instead of cloudy? who knows! There are many reasons why he chose to use and H series engine with an F series Tranny and only he knows. Questioning why he did what he did should be the last thing we ask about. We should be asking HOW he did this n that.

L Rock

Male posts : 1795
Reg date : 2008-02-22

Car Progress
Car completion:
oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue75/100oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (75/100)

https://www.youtube.com/user/zeroboyz

Back to top Go down

oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Empty Re: oh god. wat has the world come to

Post by ED7_hatch Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:52 pm

panda wrote:
autobot_crx wrote:they got a problem with jap swaps it looks like haha i guess they just like American motors in jap cars....as for me i think its a bad ass swap...

small block 350 mildly built in a 240sx is fucking balls out crazy.. but i also like the skyline/silva swap but id go for the 350 lol
yeah no doubt .... and yes the 350 mtoorswap is sik waiting on the dude to send me a video...

ED7_hatch
independent promoter

Male posts : 1569
Reg date : 2008-12-10

Car Progress
Car completion:
oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30/100oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by ED7_hatch Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:53 pm

panda wrote:nahh i dont have anything agasint swaps. he took a h22 bolted it to a f tranny in a 240.. i have nothing wrong with the bolting of honda motors in anything.. mini coopers with a k20 = sex but the abomination part is the motor with the tranny.. why didnt he just use the s2k motor with the tranny and wouldnt have to worrie about anything going wrong. personally i doubt it can drive..
the reasons he used the f20 as its rwd h22 has no rwd transmisson and personally i'd do the same as i like the h22 motor more then the f20 motor,,,, but i stillw ouldnt mind a f20 swap in a starlet through

ED7_hatch
independent promoter

Car Progress
Car completion:
oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30/100oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by panda Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:55 pm

i can tell you how he did it.. he took the tranny mounted it to the block and rigged the hell out of it. lol.. not to mention how he has the dizzy and intake hooked up.. honda designed the motor but hell if it does what he wants it to do. mass kudoz for him.. but until i see a video of him busting the back tires loose on that thing.. i dont think it works..

btw.. i had milk today Very Happy 1000 chips delicious cookies ftmfw woot
panda
panda
gfx bugaboo
gfx bugaboo

Reg date : 2009-02-01

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by panda Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:59 pm

autobot_crx wrote:
the reasons he used the f20 as its rwd h22 has no rwd transmisson and personally i'd do the same as i like the h22 motor more then the f20 motor,,,, but i stillw ouldnt mind a f20 swap in a starlet through

i know a h22 doesnt have rwd.. this is my question why use a less power producing motor when you could just use a f20 all around and dont have to machine the tranny,clutch,flywheel, or anything not to mention the dizzy,intake manifold, and every other little thing he had to do on the h22 to convert it to rwd.. it's ass backwards in my book , but if this dude is some "millionaire racer" that didnt have anything else better to do then to figure out how to reverse the cam signal to the dizzy to produce the correct ignition , and every other damn problem with it.. them good for him.. . Very Happy practical is better when building ive learned..

Last edited by panda on Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
panda
panda
gfx bugaboo
gfx bugaboo

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by panda Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:59 pm

i like swapps it's just they sometimes get out of hand and over board ad in the end dont work to the best of the ability they was intended for..
panda
panda
gfx bugaboo
gfx bugaboo

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by ED7_hatch Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:05 pm

yeah the f20 is high revving but the h22 is a torque motor the f20 lacks that. h22 modded can be high revving and toque all in one which makes it a winner in my book

ED7_hatch
independent promoter

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by MthaFuknGreen Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:18 pm

haha
im on prelude power.
MthaFuknGreen
MthaFuknGreen
209forums Member
209forums Member

Male posts : 469
Reg date : 2009-01-27

http://myspace.com/andrewgreenferd

Back to top Go down

Post by panda Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:19 pm

the f20 would lay the smack down on the h22 motor.. givin the specs on both motors .. the f20 would win.. even tho it's redline is at 9k

redline is at 9000 rpm, with VTEC engagement at 6000 rpm. Power output is 240 bhp 8300k

jdm h22a, featuring vtak and producing 223 hp (162 kW) @ 7200 rpm and 163 lb·ft (221 Nm) @ 6500 rpm

and 162 lb-ft lol.. my dohc zc had damn near close to the torque of the h22 lol

in the end i would get a d-series and smoke both they asses Very Happy
panda
panda
gfx bugaboo
gfx bugaboo

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by L Rock Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:28 pm

panda wrote:..... Very Happy practical is better when building ive learned..

being PRACTICAL only condones normalcy. And that's fine if all you want to do is blend in the crowd. Obviously he did not want to blend in..

I guess we're just going back and fourth on opinions now.

Plus, the car SHOULD be running coz spend all that time and not have it running? I mean unless he just finished it like yesterday. I took almost 7 months to get my car running right and that's AFTER the swap was completed and started up...

L Rock

Male posts : 1795

Car Progress
Car completion:
oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue75/100oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (75/100)

https://www.youtube.com/user/zeroboyz

Back to top Go down

Post by panda Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:47 pm

i dont mean practical in the since of being like everyone else.. i mean in the way like putting a 4g63-t in a civic would be practical giving the fact that the weight of the car + power ability of the motor = practical power gains.

but taking a weak nut motor and putting it into a car and having to machine the hell out of it and you could do the same build and produce more power with a better engine combination would be more practical and less asinine then doing all the machine work just to get 2-400hp when you could do the same with less money and stress. not to mention reliability.
panda
panda
gfx bugaboo
gfx bugaboo

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by 3.0trd Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:26 pm

I have nothing against serious work, but thats just not worth it. on the other hand at wekfest today I saw an sw11 ( I think, the newer version mr2 that came with a turbo) with a 3.0 supercharged v6, now thats some serious fab, the 4ag is tight enough!!!
3.0trd
3.0trd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male posts : 540
Reg date : 2008-05-20

Car Progress
Car completion:
oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/100oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda AE86 Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:48 pm

If that's the round body MR2 Travis its the SW20 and don't have a 4AGE. The AW11 is the boxlike one with the 4AGE
Panda AE86
Panda AE86
the209forums BOSS
the209forums BOSS

Male posts : 2006

Car Progress
Car completion:
oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue80/100oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (80/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by ZaibachX Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:03 pm

Yeah, I've seen a couple v6 sw20 swaps, crazy stuff. I guess just doing stuff like this is for unique/awesome points. haha
ZaibachX
ZaibachX

Male posts : 733
Reg date : 2008-08-07

Car Progress
Car completion:
oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue80/100oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (80/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by hiko01 Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:12 am

L Rock wrote:

being PRACTICAL only condones normalcy. And that's fine if all you want to do is blend in the crowd. Obviously he did not want to blend in..

I guess we're just going back and fourth on opinions now.

Plus, the car SHOULD be running coz spend all that time and not have it running? I mean unless he just finished it like yesterday. I took almost 7 months to get my car running right and that's AFTER the swap was completed and started up...

im taking longer
hiko01
hiko01

Reg date : 2008-03-04

Car Progress
Car completion:
oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by DaBlkSupaMn Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:18 am

its the END OF HE ORLD1!!!!
DaBlkSupaMn
DaBlkSupaMn
VIP
VIP

Male posts : 943
Reg date : 2008-10-12

Car Progress
Car completion:
oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/100oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

http://myspace.com/DaBlkSupaMn

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimsta Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:34 am

I know that SW20, met the guy at Motoring J. Those V6s swaps are a bit involved but not as gargantuanly complicated as you would think
Grimsta
Grimsta
209 Affiliate

Reg date : 2009-01-26

Car Progress
Car completion:
oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50/100oh god. wat has the world come to - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:56 am

mun2

Back to top Go down

Post by kreativekvs209 Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:27 am

i think it's cool if he got it working that's even more cool... but it kinda looks like he cut and welded the bell housing what do you think?
kreativekvs209
kreativekvs209
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Male posts : 2380

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2