209forums.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was late to clinic, again

5 posters

Go down

I was late to clinic, again Empty I was late to clinic, again

Post by DanhTao Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:00 pm

One of my pet peeves always been being late, after being raised by my "always 10 minutes early" father. And once again, for the 10th time this semester, I'm late to clinic. Working on Saturday mornings in Oakland just sucks ass. So... I thought I'd spruce up my commute alil, and I took the 4 westward, and after a few wrong turns, after seeing an crawl of a traffic jam in Brentwood due to road work, I ended up the long way around Byron, and onto Marsh Creek Rd. For those of you who know me long enough, going up the eastern side of Mt Diablo was my first touge, the Morgan Territory State Reserve, that was a lifetime again, and many road pavings since. During the summer months, Mt Diablo earns its name for being a hot, dry, HELL. And here I was... doing a touge for my commute.

It hits me. I need to do this more often Twisted Evil
Especially when I got into the groove of it again.

I kept on thinking, which is something that I do while I'm on the touge while my body just hits apex after apex after apex, I gotta talk to the guys about 2 things.

1)
We need another drive. I need to get used to my "new" car.

2)
I want to do a motorcycle cruise, but how many of us here have working bikes? Is there enough here to do a mixed bike-car drive?

I'm thinking of a mountain for the 7 to be driven on. And for the bike, I'm thinking Delta levee roads.

Both would get us away from the heat.

And I'm also thinking of inviting the Norcal V8-RX7 guys to a local meet.

So wassup? Discuss my friends.

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female posts : 1094
Reg date : 2008-02-24

Car Progress
Car completion:
I was late to clinic, again Left_bar_bleue50/100I was late to clinic, again Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

http://www.danhtao.com

Back to top Go down

I was late to clinic, again Empty Re: I was late to clinic, again

Post by L Rock Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:15 pm

lol..being late to clinic? not that bad....at least it didn't take you 3 hours to get from SF to stockton...whicha happened to me. That is the last time i'm ever going to drive during rush hour.

as for as drives go..a mix car-bike drive might work but the roads are going to have to cater to a lot of different things. I used to ride a bike and twisty mountain roads arn't that fun ( though i've never taken a bike on one before) for bikes in my opinion. since bikes lack serious toruqe the uphill will just kill them and the turns are way tooo sharp so they'd have to slow down majorly and well that would suck aslo.. of coures, this si talking if we are planning to be going moderetly fast:) that's jsu what i think.

as far as drives go...how about we all go to this one next month?

Saturday July 19, 2008 "Driving Skills - Brake andThrottle Control"

ti's a Doc Wong CLINIC!

so u know there will be plenty of cars and none of us will acutally have to plan anything.

L Rock

Male posts : 1795
Reg date : 2008-02-22

Car Progress
Car completion:
I was late to clinic, again Left_bar_bleue75/100I was late to clinic, again Empty_bar_bleue  (75/100)

https://www.youtube.com/user/zeroboyz

Back to top Go down

Post by DanhTao Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:22 pm

my comfort level with the doc wong drives is a mixed bag. its a blast and all, but i don't want to go in without being able to know my car's character yet.

you can relate to me lorth. i put a new soul into my car, and i'm still trying to tease out how the car acts. i'd like to do that with a more private setting before i go to a public drive where there is a sensation of keeping up with the crowd (even tho everybody says not to, don't deny it Razz)

aw shucks, i really do trust ya guys,

for the bikes, i'm considering the levee roads like hwy 160, compared to large elevation changing switchbacks.

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Car Progress
Car completion:
I was late to clinic, again Left_bar_bleue50/100I was late to clinic, again Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by 3.0trd Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:43 pm

oh man, a drive would be awesome. And personally I think you seriously misjudge bikes, they would RAPE most cars with decent power and suspension mods... the 'crotch rockets' are designed after those racing bikes that can practically lay flat and still have traction and speed!
3.0trd
3.0trd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male posts : 540
Reg date : 2008-05-20

Car Progress
Car completion:
I was late to clinic, again Left_bar_bleue7/100I was late to clinic, again Empty_bar_bleue  (7/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by DanhTao Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:46 pm

i simply don't have the guts to take a bike to a touge, haha. i just want to do a cruise with it.

oh, btw, i was 2 hours late for my internship.

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by L Rock Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:22 pm

3.0trd wrote:oh man, a drive would be awesome. And personally I think you seriously misjudge bikes, they would RAPE most cars with decent power and suspension mods... the 'crotch rockets' are designed after those racing bikes that can practically lay flat and still have traction and speed!

i'm not misjudging bikes. They are great machines and can do some pretty awesome things....it's the people contorling them that I am unsure of. so i guess 'm going more towards how "safe" it woul be to do a spirited run on the mountain with a bike. I'm not sayng everyone is a dick and wants to just do dumb shit, but even w/ someone who is experienced can still mess up and a bike is less forgiving than a car...

as for raping most cars, only if the road is suited for the bike. most of the turns on the mountains ( well at least the good runs) are mostly hairpins if not very sharp and quick turns. Yes the bike is more nimble and will probably have a small turning radius but do u know how much u'd have to slow down just to be able to do that? Plus the roads arn't always smooth and you never know when you make that mistake and go tooo slow start knee draggin the probaly just low side, even worse high side and totally get thrown off ur bike. Even when your accelig out of a corner, u'd have to watch ur hands coz if u pick up the RPMS too fast, the front might start to lift..

so yeah, i'mnot totally disbanning bikes from the mountains or anythig like that, id just think it' be VERY dangerous.

for cruises bikes are fine..

for super extreme tofu runs....good luck:)

L Rock

Male posts : 1795
Reg date : 2008-02-22

Car Progress
Car completion:
I was late to clinic, again Left_bar_bleue75/100I was late to clinic, again Empty_bar_bleue  (75/100)

https://www.youtube.com/user/zeroboyz

Back to top Go down

Post by Road&Ster Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:50 pm

i'm up for a drive, but again, sunday rules apply. it's been a while, although, i don't want to go before i change my steering rack. a bent inner tie rod just doesn't give me that warm, fuzzy feeling.
Road&Ster
Road&Ster
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reg date : 2008-02-23

Car Progress
Car completion:
I was late to clinic, again Left_bar_bleue10/100I was late to clinic, again Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by DanhTao Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:09 pm

more like an icy cold, frigid, fragile feeling that could break anytime...

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by naptime Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:48 am

i'm up for a drive.....just let me know in advance
naptime
naptime
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Reg date : 2008-02-23

Car Progress
Car completion:
I was late to clinic, again Left_bar_bleue5/100I was late to clinic, again Empty_bar_bleue  (5/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:39 pm

=D you just need to wake up in time. i should drive by and make ur dog go crazy. that will wake everyone up. Though....your dad will kill me...hmmm....maybe not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down