209forums.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids...

+8
kreativekvs209
3.0trd
Lito
ilovegraffiti
DanhTao
L Rock
Panda AE86
TEAMN0KTURNAL
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids...

Post by TEAMN0KTURNAL Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:46 am

what is the hype with the hybrids getting 57 mpg........???????

The 1986 honda crx HF got a mere 58 horses from its 8-valve 1300 and had about 50 mpg.... this was in 1986... WTH???? how is it that a non electric car built in the 80's can get about the same mpg as a car built now halfway ran on electric....

what a waste of money....
TEAMN0KTURNAL
TEAMN0KTURNAL
Admin
Admin

Male posts : 1348
Reg date : 2008-02-21

http://www.209forums.com

Back to top Go down

MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty Re: MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids...

Post by Panda AE86 Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:59 am

Because they can charge you more for a half ass fix and extra cost of battery's and then charge you when those battery's need to be replaced, instead of redesigning the motors to be for fuel efficient...

Have you noticed the sudden jump in price on Geo Metro's? People are paying three times if not more over bluebook on those cars right now just cause of their gas mileage they get...
Panda AE86
Panda AE86
the209forums BOSS
the209forums BOSS

Male posts : 2006
Reg date : 2008-02-22

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Left_bar_bleue80/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty_bar_bleue  (80/100)

Back to top Go down

MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty Re: MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids...

Post by L Rock Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:29 am

thatw as then..this is now..

crx is only a 2 seater..

the regular hybrid now are 4dr 5 seaters..

soyeah..heck, ud ont een have to got hat far back.. 92 honda civic vx got like 45mpg...

plus, hybrid good for environment

L Rock

Male posts : 1795

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Left_bar_bleue75/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty_bar_bleue  (75/100)

https://www.youtube.com/user/zeroboyz

Back to top Go down

Post by DanhTao Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:38 am

the big difference is the prevalence of K-cars in asia and europe vs america's market.

the Smart cars been out for decades, and they're still using 3 cylinder engines.

the japanese companies are still putting out the ultra high mileage cars, but we don't see any of them here.

we also don't see any of the DOMESTIC k-cars which ford and gm puts out in the overseas markets as well.

its just a money fueled conspiracy to keep america addicted to high gas prices while the domestic car companies keep a gentleman's agreement to squeeze out as much money as possible before suddenly reinventing the wheel with pre-existing cars and having them re-tool the factories to make K-cars. and SAVE the day.

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female posts : 1094
Reg date : 2008-02-24

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Left_bar_bleue50/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

http://www.danhtao.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ilovegraffiti Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:02 pm

should just go back to the bedrock days and get flinstones cars. best hybrids ever invented

ilovegraffiti
209forums Member
209forums Member

Reg date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lito Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Don't forget about the Ford Festiva. They've been known to get 47 to 52 miles per gallon.
Lito
Lito
209forums Member
209forums Member

Reg date : 2008-02-23

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Left_bar_bleue0/0MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by 3.0trd Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:05 pm

I have to agree on the 2dr, vs 4dr. but they could still do better... they have turbo diesel vw's in the uk that best 70mpg. and there is I believe its an audi or opel full blown RACE CAR that gets 120mpg while racing 100mph plus!!! WTF where is this technology in america? oh yeah, bigger is better here, but why we see NONE of these ultra economical vehicles is really beyond me, think of the sales possiblities if they brought a few here now!!!
3.0trd
3.0trd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male posts : 540
Reg date : 2008-05-20

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Left_bar_bleue7/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty_bar_bleue  (7/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by TEAMN0KTURNAL Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:18 pm

I heard that those who had/designed vehicle's that had over 100MPG throughout the years in the states vanished..... I think they got paid off..... or possibly even killed to keep the public from knowing whats really possible....
TEAMN0KTURNAL
TEAMN0KTURNAL
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TEAMN0KTURNAL Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:22 pm

Have you noticed the sudden jump in price on Geo Metro's?

yeah I heard about that..... nobody would buy those ugly things.... but now you could sell them easy... I honestly cant wait until we dont have to rely on gas.... I can tell you one thing, its only a matter of time.....
TEAMN0KTURNAL
TEAMN0KTURNAL
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by L Rock Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:15 pm

i wanted a geo from way back...acutally i wanted a suzuki swift...

but i coufl never find one in a good enough condition..coz well like everyoen said , everyone treated them like crap cars...

haha lOOK who's laughin nOW!

L Rock

Male posts : 1795

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Left_bar_bleue75/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty_bar_bleue  (75/100)

https://www.youtube.com/user/zeroboyz

Back to top Go down

Post by kreativekvs209 Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:24 pm

hahaha i dont know about you guys but i spent more on gas about 4 years ago then i do now... maybe you guys should reavaluate your gas usages... HAHAHAH.. this is really a joke.. if you know me you might think it's funny.. and if you dont then you suck monkey meatballz.
kreativekvs209
kreativekvs209
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Male posts : 2380

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by shardik Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:31 am

the new lithium polymer batteries have enough energy density to make a practical electric car. Right now all the cars using LIpo's are just using a crapload of sub-d cells wired together. When someone builds a LiPo specifically for automotive then you will see some nice range.

Lead acid and nicad just wont cut it

shardik
209forums Member
209forums Member

Reg date : 2008-03-08

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Left_bar_bleue50/0MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty_bar_bleue  (50/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by naptime Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:11 am

lithium ion batteries are the next wave for the electric car batteries
naptime
naptime
Freelance Photographer
Freelance Photographer

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Left_bar_bleue5/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty_bar_bleue  (5/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by D-D-J Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:43 am

Sambo is right for one thing, I know i'll start saving money on gas when I finally get out of school and terminate my Turlock commute. One thing I discovered about highway driving is it don't matter what speed you go, just as long as you're consistent with minimal throttle action.......and drafting at most 2 seconds away helps too.
D-D-J
D-D-J
209forums Member
209forums Member

Male posts : 492
Reg date : 2008-03-21

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Left_bar_bleue0/0MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by D-D-J Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:44 am

As for hybrids, just watch out for blind people since they're so damn quiet and able to hide from their other senses.
D-D-J
D-D-J
209forums Member
209forums Member

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lito Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:21 am

D-D-J wrote:Sambo is right for one thing, I know i'll start saving money on gas when I finally get out of school and terminate my Turlock commute. One thing I discovered about highway driving is it don't matter what speed you go, just as long as you're consistent with minimal throttle action.......and drafting at most 2 seconds away helps too.

Yup, that's true.
Lito
Lito
209forums Member
209forums Member

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by kreativekvs209 Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:49 am

hahaha.. ftw .. i've havnt' been driving the past 4-5 years ***not including work*** that's why i havn't been spending so much...

i heard a joke the other day. my brother told me that he was at the gas pump complaining about the gas like he always do. and the ladie next to him says '' why does everyone complain about gas prices when I havn't notice any difference," then she goes on and say " every morning i come to the gas station and pay 20 bucks to get to work and back, and i've been doing this for the past 10 years." realizing that she never pays attention to the prices, all she knows is go in pay 20. pump and go to work.... it was funnier when ron said it. but that trully brings truth to the saying.. ignorance is bliss.
kreativekvs209
kreativekvs209
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by DanhTao Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:13 pm

i'm still stuck in school in oakland for another year x.x
then after that its my doctorate program in san jose!
woe is me pale

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female posts : 1094
Reg date : 2008-02-24

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Left_bar_bleue50/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

http://www.danhtao.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 3.0trd Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:23 pm

its gonna be all about hydrogen fuel cell when they get everything working right.
3.0trd
3.0trd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male posts : 540
Reg date : 2008-05-20

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Left_bar_bleue7/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty_bar_bleue  (7/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Road&Ster Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:14 am

nothing beats a good pair of shoes when it comes to saving gas Very Happy
Road&Ster
Road&Ster
Elite Member
Elite Member

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Left_bar_bleue10/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by kreativekvs209 Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:15 pm

for all you commuters.. nitrogen in your tires.. trust me you'll see the money saved on gas.
kreativekvs209
kreativekvs209
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by TEAMN0KTURNAL Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:49 pm

what does that do???
TEAMN0KTURNAL
TEAMN0KTURNAL
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Road&Ster Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:34 pm

more stable form of air for your tires... stays at constant pressure longer and can take more heat than regular co2
Road&Ster
Road&Ster
Elite Member
Elite Member

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Left_bar_bleue10/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by D-D-J Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:41 pm

Nitrogen particles are larger than air molecules so it doesn't leak as much as normal air. And I'm guessing with being larger that it has more surface area to absorb heat better thus being more consistent in temperature resulting in more consistant performance. Or it could be the properties of nitrogen too.
D-D-J
D-D-J
209forums Member
209forums Member

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by TEAMN0KTURNAL Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:37 pm

interesting.... who here has that in there tires???
TEAMN0KTURNAL
TEAMN0KTURNAL
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next