209forums.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

at another out of town acupuncture seminar. this time in socal

3 posters

Go down

at another out of town acupuncture seminar.  this time in socal Empty at another out of town acupuncture seminar. this time in socal

Post by DanhTao Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:57 am

So, I'm in Rowland Heights, about 45 miles out of central LA, in a seminar that, to be frank, is way over my head, haha. Twisted Evil i'm just thirsty for knowledge, and i'm willing to spend my non-existant money on it. this seminar is designed for practicing acupuncturists and MDs, which clearly, i'm not. so it'll be a challenge to try to keep up.

its a 9-5 seminar, and there's a few pho places within walking distance, an old school chinese cafe, and a ranch 99. so i'm pretty set. I missed my initial flight out of SFO on Virgin America, which is highly recommended (I was put on the wait list for the next flight for free), so I got to SFO around 12:45, thanks to Duc for the drop off at Dublin. missed my 1:30 flight, got put on wait list for the 2:30 flight, which was full, so missed that. got put on the 4:30 flight... missed that. the 5:30 flight... missed that.. the 6:30 flight... and finally caught the 7:30 flight. last seat on the plane.

in the meantime... i had a chicken pesto pizza... 2 bottles of guinness, a white russian, a yager bomb... and a few others.
i got two phone numbers, took a few pics, left my camera in duc's car (sorry Wu),
and after all said and done... my original hotel double booked my friday night, so i ended up at motel 6 last night, and i got into there around.. 11:30 pm x.x
and from LAX to Rowland Heights, its about a 96 dollar taxi ride.

soooo yea. that's a small adventure.

i'll be online ALL day, since i use my laptop to take notes and i'm online for free through a backdoor on the best western wireless.

this is gonna be challenging day, cuz the Doctor that's presenting at this seminar speaks a different dialect of chinese. not sure which one, i don't recognize it. so another doctor is translating HIM into Mandarin first, THEN into english. sooo yea. this is a trilingual class. tho only 2 people can understand the original dialect.

we will see what happens, cuz there's some french people here too.. and their english seems a bit off as well, haha. soooooo yea.

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female posts : 1094
Reg date : 2008-02-24

Car Progress
Car completion:
at another out of town acupuncture seminar.  this time in socal Left_bar_bleue50/100at another out of town acupuncture seminar.  this time in socal Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

http://www.danhtao.com

Back to top Go down

at another out of town acupuncture seminar.  this time in socal Empty Re: at another out of town acupuncture seminar. this time in socal

Post by kreativekvs209 Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:53 am

i love so cal.. 24 hour noodle places... i love driving shoreline in long beach. watch where you are in long beach though y ou might get jumped. if you end up in china town.. grab me a suvi. if you find a jap sword set for like 20 .. grab me a sweet..
kreativekvs209
kreativekvs209
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Male posts : 2380
Reg date : 2008-02-22

Car Progress
Car completion:
at another out of town acupuncture seminar.  this time in socal Left_bar_bleue75/100at another out of town acupuncture seminar.  this time in socal Empty_bar_bleue  (75/100)

Back to top Go down

at another out of town acupuncture seminar.  this time in socal Empty Re: at another out of town acupuncture seminar. this time in socal

Post by DanhTao Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:18 am

i ain't gonna taxi to one of the china towns!
i didn't bring my car sambo, haha. its kinda hard for me to get along.
i'm at the hotel that has the seminar, so i don't have to leave other than go across the street for coffee
that, and the seminar is all weekend.

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Car Progress
Car completion:
at another out of town acupuncture seminar.  this time in socal Left_bar_bleue50/100at another out of town acupuncture seminar.  this time in socal Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by DanhTao Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:52 pm

ok, seminar ended for the day, and the Doctor paid for a group dinner! w00t. free food!
soo. because i need to do a brain dump, i'm going to turn on the ds and play some classic final fantasy 6,
here's my notes for the day!

in typical danhtao brain storm (or hurricane) style.

at another out of town acupuncture seminar.  this time in socal Tungacupuncturedryoungsyq5

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by L Rock Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:39 pm

how di du miss so many flights...when u were at the airport???????

btw... i totally forgot to call u to get bobby's money!!!!!!

L Rock

Male posts : 1795
Reg date : 2008-02-22

Car Progress
Car completion:
at another out of town acupuncture seminar.  this time in socal Left_bar_bleue75/100at another out of town acupuncture seminar.  this time in socal Empty_bar_bleue  (75/100)

https://www.youtube.com/user/zeroboyz

Back to top Go down

Post by DanhTao Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:10 am

i got bumped for my first flight. My luggage got to the plane, but i didn't. i flew Virgin America, and they are at the International terminal in SFO, so even tho i got there 45 minutes before, i couldn't get through the line for security. then afterwards, i was on the waitlist for the next flight, but each one was continually full

lorth, go ahead and get a hold of me monday or afterwards. i'll get back in town prolly around 5ish.

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down