209forums.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!!

+9
Grimsta
panda
ej2Mic
k20S13
ZaibachX
MthaFuknGreen
DaBlkSupaMn
DanhTao
ED7_hatch
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Empty BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!!

Post by ED7_hatch Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:36 pm

On the recent edition of MOTOR TREND, dark days for mitsu's line up are nearing

Motor trend has this update about Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi, struggling to retain a six digit annual sell here, is essentially a tax write off for MITSU UFJ, one of Japans largest bank.

If and when the tax write off becomes marginal,

MITSU WILL PULL OUT OF THE U.S.

MARKET-PERHAPS EVEN OUT OF THE CAR BUSINESS!!!

ED7_hatch
independent promoter

Male posts : 1569
Reg date : 2008-12-10

Car Progress
Car completion:
BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Left_bar_bleue30/100BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (30/100)

Back to top Go down

BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Empty Re: BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!!

Post by DanhTao Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:45 pm

saw this coming miles away...

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female posts : 1094
Reg date : 2008-02-24

Car Progress
Car completion:
BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Left_bar_bleue50/100BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

http://www.danhtao.com

Back to top Go down

BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Empty Re: BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!!

Post by DaBlkSupaMn Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:46 pm

but, but y?????? nOoOoooOOoo!!!!
DaBlkSupaMn
DaBlkSupaMn
VIP
VIP

Male posts : 943
Reg date : 2008-10-12

Car Progress
Car completion:
BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Left_bar_bleue0/100BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

http://myspace.com/DaBlkSupaMn

Back to top Go down

Post by DanhTao Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:47 pm

why not?
mitsubishi has been at the end of a losing deal since 03.
the warning signs was when they pulled all funding from their wrc program and continuing r&d
their market strategy sucks.
their cars are mediocre,
and its not so much that they can't survive in america,
THEY CANT SURVIVE IN JAPAN

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Car Progress
Car completion:
BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Left_bar_bleue50/100BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by MthaFuknGreen Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:51 pm

word.
mitsu aint all that its cut out to be.
MthaFuknGreen
MthaFuknGreen
209forums Member
209forums Member

Male posts : 469
Reg date : 2009-01-27

http://myspace.com/andrewgreenferd

Back to top Go down

Post by DanhTao Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:54 pm

gone are the glory days.
like domestics. you shape up or shut up and die quietly.

Last edited by DanhTao on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by ZaibachX Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Lol does this mean if I buy one now? I don't gotta pay it off later?
ZaibachX
ZaibachX

Male posts : 733
Reg date : 2008-08-07

Car Progress
Car completion:
BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Left_bar_bleue80/100BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (80/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by DaBlkSupaMn Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:57 pm

hahaha... just do it...
DaBlkSupaMn
DaBlkSupaMn
VIP
VIP

Male posts : 943
Reg date : 2008-10-12

Car Progress
Car completion:
BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Left_bar_bleue0/100BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

http://myspace.com/DaBlkSupaMn

Back to top Go down

Post by MthaFuknGreen Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:59 pm

it means no support later.
MthaFuknGreen
MthaFuknGreen
209forums Member
209forums Member

Back to top Go down

Post by k20S13 Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:02 pm

ZaibachX wrote:Lol does this mean if I buy one now? I don't gotta pay it off later?
wish that were true, you will have to pay a bank that gave you the loan lol.

k20S13
209forums Member
209forums Member

Reg date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ej2Mic Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:05 pm

over rated anyways.
ej2Mic
ej2Mic
209forums Member
209forums Member

Male posts : 263
Reg date : 2008-09-08

Car Progress
Car completion:
BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Left_bar_bleue40/100BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (40/100)

http://www.myspace.com/miccheckyalist

Back to top Go down

Post by DanhTao Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:06 pm

hmm.. i wonder how much i can get a crate LQ engine from GM once the economy gets worse...

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by panda Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:23 am

lol good for those crank walking turd buckets lol i wonder if they will focus all their energy on tvs and forklifts lol.. that is all they are good for anyways..
panda
panda
gfx bugaboo
gfx bugaboo

Reg date : 2009-02-01

Car Progress
Car completion:
BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Left_bar_bleue30/100BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (30/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimsta Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:30 pm

Hopefully its soon. I hate Mitsu-be-shit
Grimsta
Grimsta
209 Affiliate

Reg date : 2009-01-26

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by ED7_hatch Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:45 pm

lol

ED7_hatch
independent promoter

Male posts : 1569
Reg date : 2008-12-10

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimsta Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:54 pm

Grimsta wrote:Hopefully its soon. I hate Mitsu-be-shit
This coming from the guy who's flagship shop car other than the Supra is a 2.4L stroked Eclipse, lol.... but eh, I still dont entirely like Mitsu
Grimsta
Grimsta
209 Affiliate

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by herrhepcat Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:18 pm

Check out all the Mitsu-hater's.... Jeez!!!!

(I'm still getting a 3000gt VR-4. Maybe not until next year, but I'm still getting one.)

Find me another car with AWD, AWS, and is stock over 300hp.... for under $10k, and I'll think about it.

My first 'nice' car was an Eclipse.
herrhepcat
herrhepcat
209forums Member
209forums Member

Male posts : 98
Reg date : 2009-01-12

Car Progress
Car completion:
BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Left_bar_bleue0/0BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by DanhTao Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:24 pm

the big problem witht he 3000gt is the weight.
that, and engine design problems
its kinda ridiculous when the FSM says to take off the fender to get to the alternator.

mitsubishi always had awesome looking cars,
the 1st gen eclipse was my first "nice" car too, first one that i bought with my own money.
its just repeated shortcomings that got to me.

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by panda Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:58 pm

mitsu cars all of them are giant heaping moist turds.. crank walking turbo leaking, no kind of ecu tuning.. they have a rock solid bottom end.. but they are pieces of shit.. the only kind of mitsu i would own would be a evo 9.. the rest of those craptastic cars are shat.
panda
panda
gfx bugaboo
gfx bugaboo

Reg date : 2009-02-01

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by DanhTao Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:24 pm

oh! you knwo what i'd kill to have?
a mitsubishi galant VR-4.
the original mitsubishi rally car.
and the engine was indestructible

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by kreativekvs209 Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:09 pm

... they failed with the newer line of eclipse.... well the eclipse line of cars was a total domestic fail IMO.. dont get me wrong the 4g63. 6-7bolts are great motors. the only thing i dont get is. why didn't they bring over the lancer earlier... so what they did, was brought the concept of the evolutions' series of car here but in the over weighted more clumsy eclipse. then then they made it worse by making the second gen even heavier and clumsier.. ( master of blind spots haha ). and to kid dirt in our face they made the jdm lancer into a poor highschool's / momma's grocery getter. mirage.. i mean omg. and then they put a neon motor iin it. WTF. that's my 2 cents about the subject... american's turn the great mistu into usdm crap.; they sould bring over the FTO.. whoopwhoop.
kreativekvs209
kreativekvs209
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Male posts : 2380
Reg date : 2008-02-22

Car Progress
Car completion:
BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Left_bar_bleue75/100BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (75/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by MthaFuknGreen Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:12 pm

a guy on a different site that i frequent has a mirage that hes basically turned into an evo. cuz they are the same exact body and all that.
MthaFuknGreen
MthaFuknGreen
209forums Member
209forums Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 3.0trd Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:15 pm

it'll be a shame to see the evo's die, but I'll take a toyota thank ye.
3.0trd
3.0trd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male posts : 540
Reg date : 2008-05-20

Car Progress
Car completion:
BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Left_bar_bleue7/100BAD NEWS FOR ALL MITSUBISHI LOVERS!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (7/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by DanhTao Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:18 pm

its just like Ford.
in europe and asia, the ford focus is the rally spec one, the awd, turbo version that competes with the evo and the sti.
over here?
we get the dumbed down shit.

no. you can't change the mirage/lancer bodies into evos.
i've looked into it, and structurally, they're different even tho they look similar enough.
you'd have to get a new fuel tank, pound out the center for the driveshaft tunnel.. and.. the work isn't worth it.
its easier just to buy one than to modify the chassis enough to swap drivetrains.

you COULD put the srt-4 drivetrain into t regular lancer/mirage. with modifications.
the srt-4 is more or less the lancer fwd turbo that they have in japan.

mitsubishi matched subaru in their lancer line comparing with the impreza.
the 2.5RS = Lancer
the WRX = Lancer Turbo
STi = Evo.

its just that the lancer turbo got skinned as a neon srt-4 over here.
drivetrain's completely japanese.

DanhTao
Elite Member
Elite Member

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimsta Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:46 am

3000GT was not more than 300hp stock, it was 300hp and it also weighs 3800lbs. Good luck!
Grimsta
Grimsta
209 Affiliate

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next