209forums.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids...

+8
kreativekvs209
3.0trd
Lito
ilovegraffiti
DanhTao
L Rock
Panda AE86
TEAMN0KTURNAL
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Empty Re: MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids...

Post by 3.0trd Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:38 pm

yeah, nitrogen really is the best, more consistant, and usually safer in the long run for people who don't or cant figure out how to check tire pressure
3.0trd
3.0trd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male posts : 540
Reg date : 2008-05-20

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/100)

Back to top Go down

MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Empty Re: MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids...

Post by 3.0trd Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:40 pm

I will once I get new tires... My only question is if you can mix air and nitrogen. say I had a slow leak, could I top it off with air until I got the tire repaired?
3.0trd
3.0trd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male posts : 540
Reg date : 2008-05-20

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by L Rock Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:50 pm

honestly, when it really comes down to it...it really doesn't matter what car you drive.. its' how you drive it.....

so hybrid, v8, i4...whatever, it's just how u drive it.

L Rock

Male posts : 1795
Reg date : 2008-02-22

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue75/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (75/100)

https://www.youtube.com/user/zeroboyz

Back to top Go down

Post by TEAMN0KTURNAL Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:17 am

how do I get it???? does local tire shops do that???? how the hell do I get nitrogen to put in the tires....

anybody have a nitrogen compressor in there garage LOL, j/k:lol!:
TEAMN0KTURNAL
TEAMN0KTURNAL
Admin
Admin

Male posts : 1348
Reg date : 2008-02-21

http://www.209forums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda AE86 Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:27 am

Sambo keeps mentioning it cause he's gonna supply it... $20 a car I belive he said...
Panda AE86
Panda AE86
the209forums BOSS
the209forums BOSS

Male posts : 2006

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue80/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (80/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by TEAMN0KTURNAL Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:01 am

sounds like something i could use.......

hey sambo.... when are you gonna have some pics for me to use for your shops signage....
TEAMN0KTURNAL
TEAMN0KTURNAL
Admin
Admin

Male posts : 1348
Reg date : 2008-02-21

http://www.209forums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by L Rock Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:00 am

is that 20 per fill? tha's pretty expensive....

considering air is free..

L Rock

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue75/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (75/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Road&Ster Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:29 am

but pure nitrogen isn't Very Happy

costco currently is the only one i know that uses nitrogen to air up
tires. as far as mixing it, it has to be pure nitrogen air. remember,
regular air does have nitrogen in it.
Road&Ster
Road&Ster
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reg date : 2008-02-23

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by L Rock Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:48 am

do u think this is goign to be a commerically used product??? I know there are tons fo tire shops that provide free air..but do u think they'll ever switch over to using pure nitrogen? I'm pretty sure it would drive up the cost of some things but if it is that good compared to air...curious why everyone hasn't switched over?

L Rock

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Road&Ster Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:03 pm

one word: cost

i think costco runs a separate reservoir for nitrogen to air up tires and another for regular air to power air tools. it's great for customers, but how many people would pony up the extra cash to have special air in their tires? costco i think offers it free for members. i haven't looked into this.
Road&Ster
Road&Ster
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reg date : 2008-02-23

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by L Rock Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:17 pm

well if i was alreayd a costco customer and they provided the nitro FREE, then yeah id' get it, but i serioulsy doubt i'd pony up 20 bucks JUSt to get nitro in my tire

L Rock

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by kreativekvs209 Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:19 pm

you wouldn't have to fill it again till a tire change or if run a flat.. cuzz unlike air it dosn't fluctuate in mass during tempertur change. and it's more like monkey see monkey do.. someone have to do it first, i'm still working on having the set up at my shop during the fundraiser meet. this way, you'll get the gas that you need and support our forums at the same time.. * when i said support it means you'll be funding our tshirts project *
kreativekvs209
kreativekvs209
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Male posts : 2380

Car Progress
Car completion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda AE86 Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:08 pm

Allot of tire places to offer this already, its just not really advertised cause not allot of people want to pay for this stuff...
Panda AE86
Panda AE86
the209forums BOSS
the209forums BOSS

Male posts : 2006

Car Progress
Car completion:
MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue80/100MPG its the topic of today...... what do you think about hybrids... - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (80/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2